I’m Bennett Garner
I started Comfortable Conversation to help introverts like me with networking and public speaking. I started Copy Rhino to help realtors sell houses quicker through good copywriting. I wrote 50 Tweaks to Change Your Life to help people make small, research-backed changes to improve their lives.
I’m interested in entrepreneurship, finance/investing, psychology, and traveling. I love points of view that go against conventional wisdom.
I make music, ride my bike, and go sailing for fun.
Asheville, North Carolina native. University of Pittsburgh grad. Used to live in DC. Now, I live in Gulu, Uganda.
What I’m doing now
I recently wrote and published my first book.
I run a one-man copywriting agency called Copy Rhino that specializes in HR/recruitment, career advice, and real estate copywriting. I am currently taking clients in these niches, especially realtors.
I write about introversion, networking, and public speaking at Comfortable Conversation. I’m also active on Quora, where my answers have been viewed over 570k times. I’m currently seeking guest posting, interview, and partnership opportunities.
I’m on a quest to finish 40 books in the first six months of 2017. So far (June 1), I’ve read 35.
I’m also practicing yoga headstands.
You can email me at bennett(at)copyrhino.com – I read every email, though I can’t respond to all of them.
50 Tweaks to Change Your Life is my first book.
It’s about small changes that accumulate to improve your life. I spent a lot of time researching and vetting each of the tweaks. If you’re looking to upgrade your life, this book will show you actionable steps to get there.
You can get the book for Kindle or paperback on Amazon. If you read it, send me an email and let me know how you liked it.
- Quora – What tweak has made all the difference in your life?
- Quora – What important things does a 20-year-old need to know about money and finance?
- Quora – What are the best 30-day challenges to bring some change?
- Quora – What are your tricks to start a conversation with a stranger?
- Quora – What are 3 habits that highly productive people have on a daily basis?
- Medium – You can forget setting goals…
- Medium – The one tiny habit that changed my life
My writing around the web
- Idealist – Network to a New Job: How to Meet Influential People
- Brazen – Talented Introverted Students – 3 Ways to Recruit Them
- Idealist – Surrounding Yourself with Support: Hope and Help for Your Job Search
- Introvert Dear – 5 Limiting Beliefs that Stalled My Career
- Introvert Whisperer – Why Introverts are (Really) Better Networkers
- Brenda Knowles – 3 Myths that Hold Introverts Back
- Patricia Weber – How to Move Beyond Small Talk
- Cate Costa – Definitive Guide to Getting a Mentor, with Exact Scripts
- Moneyminiblog – 5 Things You Need to Do When You Get a Raise
- Job Search Bible – The Interview Strategy Used By 1% of Candidates
I’m on social media
- Quora (Bennett-Garner)
- Medium (@bennettgarner)
- LinkedIn (bennettgarner) (Please, only try to connect with me if we’ve met)
- Amazon Author Page (bennettgarner)
What I’m reading
- Endurance – Alfred Lansing (4%)
- A Little Life – Hanya Yanagihara (4%)
- Reinvent Yourself – James Altucher (59%)
- SPIN Selling – Neil Rackham (7%)
- The Ascent of Money – Niall Ferguson
- Slaughterhouse-5 – Kurt Vonnegut
- Networking for People Who Hate Networking – Devora Zack
- Networking is Not Working – Derek Coburn
- The Brain Audit – Sean D’Souza
- Self-Promotion for Introverts – Nancy Ancowitz
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone – J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban – J.K. Rowling
- Choose Yourself Guide to Wealth – James Altucher
- Anything You Want – Derek Sivers
- Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt – Michael Lewis
- Snow Crash – Neil Stephenson
- Hustle: The Life-changing Effects of Constant Motion – Jesse Tevelow
- Unshakeable: Your Financial Freedom Playbook – Tony Robbins
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – J.K. Rowling
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck – Mark Manson
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – J.K. Rowling
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind – Yuval Noah Harari
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince – J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – J.K. Rowling
- The Elegance of the Hedgehog – Muriel Barbery
- The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains – Nicholas G. Carr
- How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia – Mosin Hamid
- The ONE Thing – Gary Keller
- Twilight of the Elites: America After Meritocracy – Chris Hayes
- Leap of Faith: Quit Your Job and Live on a Boat – Ed Robinson
- Get Real, Get Gone – Rick Page
- Buy, Outfit, and Sail – Cap’n Fatty Goodlander
- The Book Thief – Markus Zusak
- The Connection Algorithm – Jesse Tevelow
- The 20-Minute Networking Meeting – Marcia Ballinger
- The Long Way – Bernard Moitessier
- Shop Class as Soulcraft – Matthew B. Crawford
- 4 Hour Workweek – Tim Ferriss [Re-read]